I'm gay and I buaya, you?

Buaya - Malay language for 'Crocodile'. Also used connotatively to describe cheeky men who are into sex... :)

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

My Sassy Girl



*Yawn*

:p

That's how I will describe this movie, a Hollywood re-make of the very popular and funny Korean movie of the same title...

And not only do they share the same title, they share the same plot, same jokes and same choking (would-be) moments...

In case you didn't watch the Korean original, this movie is about a 'loser' guy who met and rescued a pretty girl who turned out to an unreasonable girl who sticks to the guy and wanna be his girlfriend. The girl was actually trying to let go of her past and the 2 fall in love in the end.

Unfortunately, though, this Hollywood version is boring and slow and the characters lack development and worse of all, a total copying of the Korean plot... Even the changing of shoes, face slapping and the marching army, the piano recital and the soldier in amusement park scenes... Really... I keep thinking of the Korean movie when I saw the scenes...

And then I start comparing them... And I can't help but feel like shedding some tears... for the Korean movie's scenes! Yes... I don't find the Hollywood scenes sentimental or sad, it is the Korean ones, which I think of due to the Hollywood ones, that made me feel like crying...

I almost fell asleep a couple of times... And several couples walked out of the theater halfway through the show... And boy nearly snored as he slept through half the movie...

I seriously think the Hollywood people should just let us, Asians, do our thing and watch the dubbed or original for best effect, Asian films... Or just release your versions on your own soil and dun come and waste our time and money... :p

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger sgboy said...

It looked unwatchable......

10:38 PM  
Blogger Aloy said...

Haha this is precisely the reason why i am never willing to watch "Remake" versions of movie :P

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home