I'm gay and I buaya, you?

Buaya - Malay language for 'Crocodile'. Also used connotatively to describe cheeky men who are into sex... :)

Monday, July 07, 2008

The problem with cars...

... is that you can leave without them, but if you start to drive one around for long enough, you can't live without one too...

And they are costly...

Over the year and a half that I started driving the family car, I had spent lots of money on the car... With age and a minor accident later, the bonnet, the front bumper, the aircon unit, the condenser, the timing belt, the wipers, the engine oil, the gear oil, the tyres etc had been changed. And it is a little frustrating to know that the aircon unit is still not cold enough...

And to top that, recently, I managed to scrap my car... twice... Once, it was off a certain migrant worker's elbow... He had decided that Singapore is actually part of his hometown and was taking his own sweet time walking along the road whilst talking to his friends... I had really slowed down and was really just cruising by him to make sure that I will not knock into him. BUT, as Murphy's Law will have it, he will have to stretch out his elbow enough to hit my side mirror... And the impact was pretty big... I stopped my car immediately and the fella was holding on to his elbow, in pain and looking at me apologetically... I think he was more worried that I will come down and scold him... I was more worried he will be hurt, actually... Luckily, he and his friends waved at me apologetically and walked off and I drove off... Later on, I found the paint scraped off the side mirror... *faintz*

And then the second time, I think I was a little blur when parking and dunno what I was doing... As I reverse into the lot, I got blurred and drive right into a pillar, scraping the rear side of the car... The paint came off... *Haiz*...

Now I got to spend money to have the scraped parts re-painted soon... Else, corrosion might set in...

And just when I thought the worst is over... As I make a stopover at LS', I received a parking summons... I had forgotten to display my coupon... Yes... The coupon was torn, but I forgot to display it... *Grumble*

BUT... then I found out that SS did not put coupon too and is parked at the same MSCP... But he did NOT receive a parking summons! *Grr...* I suspect the parking aunties were too lazy to walk up higher than the 2nd storey as SS is parked on the 3rd storey but I was at the 2nd storey...

I was really pissed off...

*Haiz*... The car is really very expensive to maintain... Boy keeps asking me sell the car and stop driving cos I was spending too much on the car liao... But I never hear him complain when I was driving him around... :p

Thanks for reading...

4 Comments:

Blogger Kit said...

oh yes, a car is expensive to maintain. and with the petrol prices these days it is even more costly. i can so relate to you now that my car is in the workshop.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, Very good points you wrote here..Great stuff...I think you've made some truly interesting points.Keep up the good work.
cash for cars glenorchy
cash for scrap cars Glenorchy

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing such nice information with us, I love your blog because most of the person wants to get rid of the problem of damaged car and they wish to remove it and want some handsome cash and I appreciate your blog for this info.
scrap car buyer
cash for unwanted cars melbourne

12:20 PM  
Blogger Delight Car Removal said...

Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work.
cash for cars caboolture
cash for unwanted cars caboolture

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home